Saturday, February 20, 2016

Staying Busy Helps

One of the benefits of staying busy is that our focus is drawn into whatever we are working on and when times are tough, that's probably the best thing that we could do. Having work is blessing and being able to stay busy in our work is also a blessing. Over the last few weeks as we get resettled into our life back here in our home, it's been a process to get up and running again, but things are definitely on the upswing. As difficult as things still are, by not having to focus my attention on them for hours at a time, lessens the sting because my attention is drawn away into my work.

I remember years ago that my parents shared a little wisdom with my sisters and I, the same wisdom that parents today are still sharing with their children. If you're experiencing a bad day, try and help someone else with their problems. In doing so, you will feel better and your bad day may not seem as bad anymore. I know that this principle works because I have used it time and time again throughout my life. It's along the same lines as the famous quote that says, 'I felt bad that I had no shoes until I met a man that had no feet.' It seems that no matter how bad things are at the present, there is always someone who is having a more difficult time.

Every day that we awake is a new beginning. It's an opportunity to start the day fresh without dragging yesterdays troubles and negativity along for the ride. Things may not have turned around and difficulties may still be present, but if I can keep my attitude positive and strong that can make the difference between a bad day and a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment