Friday, February 12, 2016

Just Keep Plugging Away

Yesterday was, for the most part, an uneventful day for me. Getting settled back into our home has been the focus for both my wife and I and of course, getting our business to grow in a sluggish market has been a top priority. The morning started out relatively quiet so I used the opportunity to organize my office, send out a few emails and make a few phone calls. During the course of the morning and to my surprise two of my past customers contacted me for new work so that put a little zip in my step. I like feeling useful and I love being creative, and my job lets me do both.

Years ago my dad once said that "heaven is a kingdom of use. People in heaven don't just sit around doing nothing- they have a use." Being useful is a blessing, but idle hands can most certainly become the devil's workshop. I am grateful each day for the gifts and the talents that I have been given and that I have been able to cultivate over many years. My customers are quite aware of my talents and they respect me and they appreciate the quality of work that I do for them, and the swiftness in which I can accomplish tasks. It's a rewarding feeling being useful and I am always appreciative for the work.

Being busy, the right kind of busy can truly be a blessing, especially if you work for yourself. So we keep plugging away until tomorrow. The glass is most certainly half full today.

No comments:

Post a Comment